Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fashion Shoot at The Riverside Event Center

Recently I was afforded the opportunity to photograph a model in an emulated fashion shoot of the 1960s.  Myself and my crew chose to photograph on a stage located in The Riverside Event Center that was constructed in the early 1900s in Spokane, Washington.  One of my major influences on this project was Irving Penn and his use of stark black and white with very simple compositions.



I had already picked the model and wardrobe I was going to shoot, however, I had no idea of the exact set until I arrived at the Event Center.  We were able to find in a storage area a post modern living room set right out of the 1960s with this wonderful occasional chair.  

I wanted to photograph the model in a large hat so the lighting was somewhat lengthy to set up and still maintain the light and shadows I wanted on her beautiful face.




These are my final three images:







Model: Julie Suchanek

Wardrobe from "My Fair Lady"
Spokane Civic Theatre








No comments:

Post a Comment